You have a favorite character that you find incredibly cool, beautiful and strong? You are fascinated by their appearance, their voice and sayings have been stuck in your memory and you would like to impersonate them yourself one day? Then the character cosplay competition is the right competition for you!
Register and portray your character on stage. Beginners are just as welcome as advanced students. The most important thing for us is: fun!
Conditions of participation:
- You must be present on the day of the competition (Friday, 12.8.2022).
- If you cannot be present at the awards ceremony, you must report to the information booth and provide contact information. The Character Cosplay Contest Awards Ceremony will be held on Friday (8/12/2022).
- Prices will NEVER be sent abroad!
- The entry form must be filled out COMPLETELY.
- With the contest registration you give us the permission to stream your video LIVE and to use the videos later.
- Shorts or ”safety pants” should be worn under skirts and dresses. Nothing must be seen that should not be seen!
- Obviously violent or pornographic content will be disqualified.
- Registration deadline: 1.8.2022, 23:59
- Last minute registrations on site are NOT possible!
- Since this competition is all about presentation, the cosplay (as well as weapons and other props) does not have to be self-made. Both self-made and purchased costumes are allowed.
- There will be no pre-judging. The jury evaluates only the stage show.
- Mainly Japanese sources (Games, Manga, Anime, J/K-Pop, Visual Kei, Artbooks, Artworks) are allowed, but also other fandoms (e.g. Manhua, Manhwa, K-Pop, MMORPGs, ect; DnD, Marvel/ DC, Games, ect.). OCs are NOT permitted.
- At least one good reference image must be sent in.
- The performance may last a maximum of 1 – 7 minutes. (Single: 1 – 3 minutes, Duo: 2- 5 minutes, Group: 2 – 7 minutes) The time limit may beundercut, but NOT exceeded.
- Helpers for minimal assistance are allowed.
- Send stage directions as a separate PDF and self-selected accompanying music (must already be cut to the correct length) together with the application.
Shortly after registration, all participants (or in the case of groups: the person who sent the registration) will receive a confirmation email containing:
– Starting number
– Location plan and time to meet at the designated place before the show.
– personal contact
Here’s how the competition works on stage:
- Performance according to the order of the starting numbers
- After last performance group photo of all participants (approx. 3 minutes) on stage
- Bow, walk off the stage
- It takes place on the stage.
- The jury consists of 3 jurors. They observe the stage show and evaluate it.
- The jury awards points for overall appearance and designated details in the acting performance based on the judging sheet.
- The winner is the participant with the highest total number of points.
- Depending on the number of participants and the size of the groups, 5 – 10 minutes are planned per participant.
- There is no separate category for group sizes. The best show is victorious.
The jury consists of guests of honor. Since we are constantly announcing new guests of honor, we can’t give any fixed names here yet. Here you will find all our guests of honor.